Writing a resume is a skill and it also needs mastering. When you have years of experience, it is a good idea to include it in your resume. There is also another information that you can include in writing. Check this out!
Things Wrong with Your Resume
- Take out objective: In resumes 2016-2017, you need to follow the latest trends wherein you should take out the objective. Applying to the job means that you want it. You can include your desire for the job in your cover letter. It is better to include a brief summary in your resume format 2016.
- Brief is the best: Give enough space about your recent or current jobs. If it doesn’t fit in 1 to 2 pages, then it is not worth to write about it. Also, you need to ensure that you include relevant skills to the job you are applying for.
- Take pass on personal information: It includes your marital status, age, nationality or religion. This was included in resumes in the past, but not this won’t work with resumes for 2016. On the other hand, this detail is not illegal for an employer to ask which means there is no need to include it. It is also suggested that you do not include street address, bank account information and date of birth.
- Make it straightforward and clear: Use simple test and standard font that’s easy to read.
- Be discreet and professional: If you still use the same email address in 90’s, it will be unprofessional. You need to set up for new email account.
- Keep recruiters submission requirements: You will not be noticed when you do not follow specific requirements in a job description.
- Current role: Do not include old roles instead the current ones and relevant to the job you are applying for.
- Gaps: If you have gaps in your work history, you should not cover it. You should not mind gaps as long as you have explanations for it.
- No links: If you have own site, twitter account and others, you can include it on your resume.
- Failure to namedrop: Give your employers reference.
- Lack of keywords: Be sure that your CV is loaded with correct keywords in showing your skills.
- Using MS word template: If you use this, stop using it.
- Missing the cover letter: If you don’t have an interesting cover letter, you might not have the screening manager your application.
- Mixing personal pronouns: Never write in 1st person of your CV. If you did it, be sure not to mix it 1st and 3rd persons.
- Read: You need to read your paper before submitting.
68% of employers will find you on Facebook. (According to: theundercoverrecruiter.com)
There you have the things you need to know about resumes of 2016-2017.
Remember these trends of resumes 2016-2017 and start writing a resume that hits the mark!
image credit: www.livecareer.com, www.pinterest.com, careerservices.princeton.edudu