A resume is an essential document that will open new doors and opportunities to job seekers that is why it is essential to make sure your resume is professionally written. Here are tips for experienced and inexperienced applicants.
Sections of Resume 2016-2017
- For best resume format 2016-2017, it must be divided into parts for clarity. Doing this will make your resume successful.
- Professional summaries or resume objectives are written in the first part of the resume.
- Accomplishments should be highlighted for prospective recruiters to determine how you performed in your previous role.
- Work history is essential because it tells the hiring manager how much responsibility you showed in your previous position.
- Education section is also important so that employers can relate it to the job.
- References are essential, but it must be written in a separate page. Do not forget that you should not include references if the company or employer does not ask for it.
Dos and Don’ts of Resume 2016-2017
Aside from best resume formats, you also need to know about the dos and don’ts of writing the resume.
- Use professional font like Arial or Times new roman
- Make use of bullet points
- Bold headings for readers differentiate sections
- Limit resume to two pages only
- Never include personal details like date of birth or marital status
- Avoid exaggeration in writing skills and qualifications
- Never use fancy colors
- Do not write negative details in your resume format 2016
Sample of Best Resume 2016-2017
New York City
John Smith is a highly energetic and experienced candidate who can able to drive profitability improvement in waste elimination, strategic growth as well as quality enhancement. He has a good and a long record of accomplishment in tactical operating plans. As of now, he is seeking for a suitable leadership position with high growth and market leading.
Sales Manager- June 2011 up to present
- Interacting with guests about service effectiveness
- Managing staff levels
- Advancing company’s strategic position
- Monitoring and identifying performance of competitors
- Responsible for expenditure forecasts and account budgets
- Birmingham North University-2003-2006 Marketing BA
- Birmingham South College- 2002-2003
References: Available upon request
These are the tips and a sample that helps you in writing your resume or best CV format 2016.